November 29, 2022
The Mexican Stock Exchange (BMV) suspended UNIFIN’s stock trading after the company failed to present its 3Q22 financial information.
- KOF revealed it will introduce another price increase in its beverage portfolio starting on December 1, this time of P$1-3.
- Mexico’s federal government assigned P$100 million to rehabilitate the structure of Mexico City International Airport’s (AICM) terminal 2.
- According to the National Chamber of Housing Development (Canadevi), new housing sales in Mexico may accrue a total of 210,000 units sold this year, representing a decline of ~12.5% YOY.
- The National Survey of Occupation and Employment (ENOE) showed the employed population in Mexico reached 58.4 million in October (+2.0 million YOY), the economically active population rose by 1.7 million YOY to 60.4 million (60.7%), and the unemployment rate stood at 3.2% (seasonally adjusted) (-0.6 pp. YOY).
- Mexico’s Supreme Court ordered President López Obrador to nominate candidates to fill at least two of the three vacancies in the Mexican antitrust authority (Cofece) in the next 30 days.
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack warned that the United States government may take formal steps to enforce its legal rights under the USMCA against Mexico’s plan to ban imports of genetically modified corn in 2024.